Friday, October 2, 2009

Husker Season Again


Since the day I moved to Bangkok I have struggled with my love of Nebraska football. During my time in the states it was an absolute passion for me. I grew up with season tickets, because my father worked for the university for 27 years and I have so many amazing memories from Memorial stadium. While I was living in Denver I attended 9 straight CU vs NU games traveling either to Boulder or to Lincoln without fail. So coming here, where the games take place at 2 in the morning is very difficult. I really can't sleep when the game is on no matter how poor the opponent. The big games I can usually find on the internet, but for the little ones the radio is good enough. 

I'm sure my Thai neighbors think I am a mad man hearing me crying and cheering with every play at 3 or 4 in the morning, but hey football season is just once a year. I love my HUSKERS and far from home or not, I keep up with my team and hope for a return to greatness!