Friday, December 7, 2007

The Cobra and the Origami



It has been said that when two men argue and need to find a physical way of settling their dispute that it is childish. I must disagree. In fact, I believe it is a natural thing for conflict to occur between coworkers and at times it is necessary for these conflicts to be resolved in a physical manner. Childish? NO. Nature, like two tigers clawing at each other over the meet of a slain cow.
So many have asked how the grudge between Ajarn Year and Ajarn Ken began, well it was something like. "You suck at that," A said and then B said, "well but I'm better than you." "Well but your only better than me at that." "No, I'm better than you at lots of things." "No your not." "Yes I am." "No your not." "Yes I am."
And so the calm cool headed guy in the room suggested a test of strength and stamina to settle the dispute. 10 laps around the track should decide who has some willpower. So the two decided to get it on. Then before anyone at Satit Kaset could stop it, nearly every school in the high school wanted to come out and yell and scream for their ajarns.
In the end it was a bonding moment for the entire building. Some of the oddest things happen when you work with young people.