Monday, December 1, 2008

Video of the Week #2 DAVID BOWIE


  David Bowie has been my favorite musician for a greater part of my life. What has been amazing to me is that I have progressed as he has. What I mean is that Bowie has not settled over his more than 40 year career in music. He continues to evolve, change, and make magical pieces of music for every decade. Sadly, most people stick bowie in the 80's with his "Let's Dance" and "China Girl" efforts. Good songs, don't get me wrong, but far from his best work.
Bowie has done it all from punk, hard rock, disco, soft rock, and through it all he has never forgotten to be David Bowie. I chose this video from his long career because of visual elements and the songs very odd but interesting lyrics. He just never fails to make me think.
ENJOY THURSDAY'S CHILD, by David Bowie!