Wednesday, January 11, 2017

THAI #RIVER #QIGONG #Mornings #boat #healthy

It's amazing what mornings feel like along the river. Mornings, since I started doing Qigong exercise every morning, start at 5 A.M. but somehow I feel better and more energetic after. I am a complete novice at this, but my goal for 2017 is to try this exercise every morning and see how I feel heading into 2018.

So what is Qigong? It is an ancient Chinese health care system that integrates physical postures, breathing techniques and focused intentions or meditation. People do Qigong to maintain health, heal their bodies, calm their minds and reconnect with their spirit. But I'm hoping to be able to throw rebel soldiers around like rag dolls like Darth Vader does with the force. So far no powers of levitation, but some seriously clear thoughts and spontaneous  smiles  from an over all kind of mellow energy buzz.

I know it beats a coffee with a shot of whiskey the way I started many of my mornings in my twenties.