Wednesday, January 4, 2017

THAI KITE HEADED YOUR WAY #Thailand #Kite #fly #Sea #celebration #love #lost #flight

New Years parties are often a gathering of old friends. My friend Pat and I have achieved an unbelievable 15 straight New Years parties together. Which would make sense if we were family or childhood friends, but actually I met Pat in Thailand and circumstances brought us together for the first couple New Years Eves and then it just become what we do. Still 15 is an amazing number. We have had New Years in Las Vegas, at the beach in Cha Am a few times, and mostly in night life locations around Bangkok.

So for this year's  celebration we decided to return to Cha Am, and with the help of some generous friends, we gathered at this lovely beach house north of Cha Am. It was a great deal of fun that started with wonderful sea food, wine, and since we had 4 young boys along with us, we settled into flying kites.  The breeze was ideal for this. It's nice to impress children with our kite skills when actually it was just a matter of flipping the kite up just as a gust hit and whooof up in the air they flew.

So this kite above, the THAI kite you see zipping just beneath those white clouds, is the kite I'd like everyone in the world to keep an eye out for. I'll tell the story like this

1. We see the lovely beach house.

2. I get the kite up, but not to it's full potential. Let's go out on the rocks to get more wind.


3. Scouting the wind.

4. We got the kite up like aeronautic geniuses.


5. I handed my kite string to our youngest member, Keith, who decided Kite's are not meant to be held back they are made to be FREE. 


When that kite took off it went higher and then zoomed away from the beach as if it had a mission to travel somewhere.I don't know where that kite went, but I know Keith was right, kites are not meant to be tethered to the Earth they are meant to travel the skies and travel the skies, I'd like to believe, he still is.