Thursday, September 21, 2017

#1 Best Foreign Language #Film #romantic #Italian #movies

#1 Best Foreign Language Film is Cinema Paradiso 


Without a doubt this Italian classic, that is approaching 30 years old, should top any list of top foreign language films. For filmophiles or film students it is a constant in discussion and praise. I would guess the biggest draw of the film is it's countless homage to great filmmakers and the film world itself. If you are a fan of classic movies and for some unknown reason have let this film slip by, order it NOW and enjoy it on arrival.

I have always had a warm and sentimental place in my heart for this romantic film. My memories of lost loves, mentors, my home town, childhood and in truth memory itself, have kept it in my teaching of film for decades. Not a class that I've shared it with have been unaffected by the powerful blend of classic films, music and Italian culture creating a masterpiece that reminds us all what it was like to have dreams and loves, and how impossible it can be to hold on to both. Even just a few bars of the sound track still make me pause and smile at those Judy Jones that got away.

Not on a top 40 list of foreign language films? This should be the TOP of that list, enough said.