Friday, July 20, 2007

HARRY WHO?


One of my former students gave me a call last night to wish me well with my book. I thought that was really nice of him. Of course he made a point to mention that my book will release during the same week as Harry Potter and that might be some very difficult competition for ECHO POOL. Thanks PK for pointing this little hurdle out.


Actually I don't like to think of it as competition or rivalry, but if it is a rivalry I'd just like to wish J.K. Rowlings good luck I mean come one, a story about witches and wizards... I mean all of this stuff was really cool when Bram Stoker and Marry Shelly were writing about it in the late 1800s, but this is the 2000s, I got to think our society is beyond such things.


I mean come on, which would you rather read, a story about the suffering of a man struggling with his lost hopes and dreams or a boy wizard with a scar and a mysterious past and unforeseen future? J.K. I truly do wish you GOOD LUCK.


But since it is GAME ON as the Brit's love to say, I'd just like to remind everyone that when it comes to ECHO POOL the key is to remember the one book for one family member rule. What I mean is this, count every uncle, cousin, daughter, and son, any distant relatives who you need to make peace with through a gift and buy an ECHO POOL COPY and give it to them.


Sorry J.K., you didn't think of this incredible purchasing scheme. You are really in a sticky wicket now aren't you... My cricketing friend tells me this means something about difficult situation, well she's a Brit, she'll understand.