Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lordy Lordy LOOK whose 40

Well whenever I feel blue about getting older, as everyone around me seems to love to remind me that I am getting MUCH OLDER, I like to think about the alternative to getting older and this wards away my anxiety. I mean surviving this long does say something about my longevity. 40, it's not easy to believe, I mean wasn't I just going to the Prom and playing football under the lights, wasn't I just studying creative writing at old Metro State, wasn't it just yesterday that I jumped out a plane with a group of my students at Gateway? Or have all these years truly passed me by? Well, all I can say is, perhaps 40 is the new 30 and perhaps I'm just getting started.

Of course more realistically this birthday means that I am one year closer to death... And that is sort of depressing, but hey, none of us know how long we have on this spinning mine field in a vacuum of space, so what's the point in focusing on endings! I'm enjoying some great beginnings!

For instance: ECHO POOL is a new beginning, and you can purchase a copy by simply clicking on the title above! Thanks for your support.