Monday, May 12, 2008

Hot Babes Vegas Delivery

Just a last thought about my time back in the USA. I am still considering publishing the toroid sex tales of our host's household pet, but while I was going through some of my photos I came across this random shot we took on the Vegas strip. Time after time, when I tell people I live in Bangkok I get this kind of smirking grin from them. "Bangkok, right," they might say. "I hear it's pretty wild over there." Now I'm not going to say that we don't have a red light district that would rival any major city in the world -- we do, but it is such a small part of the life here that it seldom comes into my thoughts. First of all, our prostitute area is basically down town. Now like most big cities down town is a terrible place to try to get in and out of by car, therefor I seldom venture down there. It is great that our tourists have a place to find the kind of nightlife entertainment they are looking for and it is all right there surrounding the hotels that they frequent. It really has been the tourist industry that loured the prostitutes here. By the way, it's not just Thai girls working down there. The largest growing group of women working the sex for sale zone is Russian, followed of course by Burmese, and Cambodian. Where tourists are throwing money around to have a good time you will usually find 3 things: prostitutes, alcohol, and gambling. Actually Bangkok only has 2 of the 3 vices offered.

So what am I rambling about? Well here's the thing. In truth Bangkok is a very tame city over all. Certainly there are massage parlors, men's spas, and hair cut places that offer sex for cash. In the suburbs, where I live and work, these places are available but they are so woven into the fabric of the city that you -- unless you are looking for them -- won't notice them. Now down town is different, giant massage parlors, discos, strip bars, and very overt prostitution is a bit jarring when you first see it. But in truth Las Vegas Nevada has prostitution down to such a science that it is literally served up to you right at your hotel room.

If you look at the photo from above it basically is saying hot babes sent directly to you. Now we can all wink at each other and say, so a little strip tease in your room -- harmless. But of course everyone knows the strip is just the initial service. All other services cost a lot more and will be negotiated once the performer is in the room. If you have ever walked on the strip in Vegas you will no doubt have been handed a card with photos of beautiful call girls who are also available direct to your door.

I know Bangkok has prostitution, but it's just so distant to those of us who live and work here. I just want people in the US to remember they also have sex for cash in their own country. Hey, what tourists on vacation from their job with the man want to spend their money on is their business. I could care less. I guess I just get a little touchy about the idea that Bangkok Thailand is some kind of morally bankrupt city of sin. If you want to see the other side of life in Thailand, check out ECHO POOL, a novel I wrote with no bar girls or prostitutes in it.