Tuesday, January 8, 2008

1 YEAR of SIMINOE Dot COM


One of the most eventful years of my life has come to an end. I began www.siminoe.com on the 8Th of January 2007. At first I wasn't really sure what the hell I was going to do with it, and at times I can't believe I keep writing and putting up photos and videos and such. There has been times when it seems NO ONE is reading it or checking it out, but then it seems I'll get a comment or a message and realize there are a few people out there who like to check in now and then. Over all I must say that a blog is a fun way of keeping a kind of living diary. I have a very poor memory, often substituting myself for characters I see in the plethora of movies and books I go through. But this blog's archives holds memories, and real time connections to those memories like no written book ever could. Photos from my wedding, my ECHO POOL (http://echopool.blogspot.com/) signing, Nikki's visit and music, Pat's monking, it's really all here. So many day to day thoughts and ideas have been jotted down on these electronic pages and these thoughts are sort of frozen for me, or anyone else, to go back to and visit as we like.
I don't know if I'll keep doing this forever, but 2007 was by far the most documented year of my life. And what a year it was. So if you are reading this and wondering if you should put the time and effort into a BLOG I'm just going to say, even if no one else is really hitting your site, do it for YOU! You may also be surprised that people do hit your site. I've had about 2400 visitors over this year and if I grow a bit in 08, that would be something. So GO FOR IT, there is probably someone out there who would love to know your life!