Monday, January 7, 2008

Woody Allen Interview


Woody Allen is one of my heroes. His films of love, comedy, and the way in which city people in the modern world deal with relationships and sex, have always given me inspiration. It is hard for me to realize that he is 72 now, as in many ways he will always be an eternal 40 for me -- experiencing a midlife crises that seems to have lasted 4 decades.
No matter what, Woody's films make me feel something, usually a sense of tragic comedy about life itself. The way his characters over ponder and yet under think, would certainly describe a large number of people in my life and certainly describes ME.
I have always believed that Woody's movies got me through the really hard times in my life, such as my divorce back in the early 90's and my own midlife crises which I experienced about 8 years ago. There is just something in his simplistic genius that can really get to me and make me laugh, sigh, and at times cry. And all that without any special effects, amazing!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AND HEAR HIS 13 minute INTERVIEW. IT'S REALLY GOOD!